Announcing the 2018 Orthopaedic Summer Internship program
Make the choice that defines your future.
Apply for the Orthopaedic Summer Internship program, sponsored by Nth Dimensions Educational Solutions and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
All medical students are encouraged to apply for this program especially designed for first year gender and ethnic minority medical students, including those enrolled in the AAOS, J. Robert Gladden, or Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society mentoring programs.
Summer interns work side by side with experienced orthopaedic surgeon preceptors in a challenging academic or private practice environment. Students prepare and defend poster presentations at the National Medical Association (NMA) Annual Convention and attend elements of the AAOS Annual Meeting the following spring.
The Nth Dimensions | AAOS Orthopaedic Summer Internship Program can help make your orthopaedic aspirations a reality!
The Nth Dimensions | AAOS Orthopaedic Summer Internship Program offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable first-hand clinical and research experience at a critical time in your medical school career.
For more information or to apply online, visit www.nthdimensions.org
Accepting applications: November 1, 2017 - January 15, 2018
"Nth Dimensions provides invaluable exposures and unmatched connections to orthopedic surgery." -
"This program gives students the opportunity to be introduced to more orthopedic experiences and build connections within the orthopedic community." - Darrell Morris
"Nth Dimensions is an exceptional opportunity to learn about the practice of orthopedics, acquire valuable skills in the field, and conduct research." - Alex Akoto
2016 Orthopaedic Summer Internship program - PRELIMINARY DATES
- Application process opens: November 1, 2017
- Application process closes: January 15, 2018
- Candidate interviews: February 1 - March 1, 2018
- Interviews will be conducted by phone/GoToMeeting
- Selection notifications to candidates: March 15, 2018
- Orientation at AAMC headquarters, Washington DC: June 2, 2018
- Travel to internship locations: June 3, 2018 (varies by location of internship)
- Clinical and research internship begins: June 4, 2018, various locations
- Clinical and research internship concludes: July 27, 2018
- Research presentations at the NMA Annual Convention, Orlando: August 11-12, 2018
- Attend elements of the AAOS Annual Meeting, Las Vegas: March 12-16, 2019